TYPES OF BETS
- Moneyline: Bet on a team to win straight up.
Lakers MLmeans you are betting on the Lakers to win the game.
- Spread: Bet on a team based on a projected margin of victory or loss.
Lakers -3means you are betting on the Lakers to win by at least 3 points. Simply subtract 3 points from the Lakers' final score—if they are still winning, you won the bet.
Celtics +3means you are betting on the Celtics to lose by less than 3 points, or win the game. Simply add 3 points to the Celtics' final score—if they are now winning, you won the bet.
- If the Lakers win by exactly 3 points, the bet is a push (tie).
- Game Totals: Bet on the total score of a game to be over or under a certain amount. For sports like MMA, you are betting on the number of rounds the fight will last.
Over 210means you are betting on the combined score of the Lakers/Celtics game to be over 210 points.
Under 210means you are betting on the combined score to be less than 210 points.
- If the combined score is exactly 210 points, the bet is a push (tie).
HOW TO READ ODDS
- Negative odds mean that the team is the favorite. The more negative, the bigger the favorite.
Lakers -200means the Lakers are favored.
- For negative odds (favorite),
-200means you would need to bet $200 to win $100. You can bet any amount you want, but your risk/reward ratio is always 2:1.
- Positive odds mean that the team is the underdog. The more positive, the bigger the underdog.
Celtics +200means the Celtics are underdogs.
- For positive odds (underdog),
+200means you would need to bet $100 to win $200. Again, you can bet any amount you want, but your risk/reward ratio is always 1:2.
- You'll often see odds around
+100. This means the bet is even money (1:1).